This is why I am exhausted...

2:36 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
It's been windy the last couple days, so yesterday the kids decided to fly a kite. After a lot of work, they finally got it up.

We let them fly for a while and then looked out and they were all sitting in the stroller. hahahaha
The things kids come up with are so funny. I couldn't ever figure out if they were hoping the wind would carry them away or if they just got tired. If you look close you can see them on the left and kite up on the right.
After cleaning and spending the day at home yesterday, the kids needed to get out of the house. It was supposed to get stormy today, so Nancy and I decided to take the kids bowling. It ended up to be a nice day, so we could have gone to the pool... oh well. Maybe tomorrow. Here are some bowling pics! Nancy and I decided to put the kids on one lane and us on the other. It was fine, but the ball took about a minute just to reach the pins each time, so the one game (actually only 7 rounds) took about an hour and a half. Next time we figure we will divide the kids up between us... or better yet the whole family can go and we could probably take up the whole alley.
Landon was naturally really good at it. His ball only took about 25 seconds to hit the pins and sometimes he didn't even hit the bumpers. The only thing was he didn't really care what happened after the ball left his hands so he was pushing the reset button before his ball got to the pins.
Nancy and Landon double teaming it.Being patient is SOOOOO hard for a 2 and 3 year old. They actually did pretty good considering. And those bowling shoes are RIDICK!!! So cute.
Lo had to find a way to ham it up at some point and get the attention. hahahaAhhh, there's my cutie patootie neice.
Lo was so cute trying to push the ball. The only one whose ball took longer than Lo was Grants. Grant definitely took the cake for slowest ball.
His technique was pretty good tho.

I didn't do too well, probably because if I wasn't holding Trey, I was looking behind me... totally horrified a kid might run up behind me and I would whack them in the face. But I did get one spare and one strike. Lo was actually winning for a while, but Aliya took first, Landon second, Lo third, Caydence fourth and Grant fifth.
Caydence and Grant had to add some style to their bowling.
And here is an Aliya action shot. She is a good sport hanging out with all the younger kids and still having a good time.

As put together and relaxed and organized as these pics may look, Nancy and I were running around like crazed people. I was sweating profusely. Lorelai just wanted to take her shoes off and run away. Grant wanted to hang out with the people to left of us. Landon wanted to keep his hands on the ball in the holder (which is a crushing injury waiting to happen). Caydence just wanted to push the reset button. Trey wanted me to love him. Aliya was just generally helpful and did whatever I asked of her to help us keep the younger kids contained.
All in all it was a really fun time. Regardless of how exhausted I am, I have really enjoyed getting to know my neices and nephews better. They really are great kids... even more so when they are away from Amy. I think they are so sick of her not being able to take care of them they act up more when she is around. Maybe I should have sent her to Washington to rest while I stayed here. Then she would actually rest and not do more than what she should be.
I have 3 1/2 days left. Was going really slow until today... now it's speeding up.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm tired just looking at the pictures!! haha...looks like you are making the most of your trip though.