Toadies baby shower!

7:15 AM Edit This 3 Comments »
I hosted Ty's sister Kate's (we call her Toadie) baby shower on the 28th. It was a lot of fun and I think we had a good turn out!



I was struggling to find decorations that weren't the cheesy stereotypical stuff, but it was actually really hard. I did make these puff balls to hang in the center of the table. Everything else was pretty basic... pink and white. I just did Costco food to keep me focused on hostessing and not worrying about cooking. I put out my Easter decorations the day before and they actually looked great mixed in with all the pastels.

I set up a onsie decorating station on the table.  Everyone signed in and wrote down advice in a baby shower memory book and then they could get food or decorate onsies... there were so many cute ones.  I wish I would have taken pictures.  I think Toad really enjoyed getting all of the original artwork too.


We played the melted candy bar in the diaper game.  It was fun and really challenging.  I've never played it at a baby shower but I've heard of it being done, sounded super  fun.  It was mostly fun for me to look around and see every ones nose buried in a diaper sniffing.  We also played the obligatory "guess how big the preggos belly is" and the "don't say baby or someone will steal your clothes pin" game.



There's the mommy-to-be herself! Sniffing away!


Then there was the opening of presents.  This is always my favorite part of the baby shower.  I love to see all the little clothes and all the nifty gadgets.  

Ya. she did ok for herself!  I'm so excited to be getting a niece in the next 5 weeks.  

3 comments:

Cazier Craziness said...

How fun! It all looks great Mist. You did a great job even though I am sure you weren't feeling well.

Beautiful Chaos said...

Wow, look at those presents... TONS! And OMG she looks just like her brother!!!!!!

Beautiful Chaos said...

Wow, look at those presents... TONS! And OMG she looks just like her brother!!!!!!