Tulip Festival

10:02 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
Ok, ok... so it's not my favorite place to go.  I will admit it.  It was AMAZING the first time, but now that I have been about 20 times... I'M OVER IT! However Lorelai really wanted to go, so we went... again.

I think most of the fun is in the ferry ride.  We typically stay in the car and blast music and hang out together.  In this ride, Mae wanted to try her hand at driving.  I couldn't convince her of the importance to look ahead and keep both hands on the wheel.


Lorelai's new toy... I mean, Ty's new toy, is the iPad.


I NEVER have to convince Lorelai to let me take pics of her, but on this day, she was NOT into it.  This was about the best I could get her to do.  We always go to the same garden because they have a museum of all the different types of tulips and other flowers as well as being adjacent to a few tulip fields so you also get to see the magnitude of the fields.


As far as the eye can see...


I wish Mae had been looking forward, but like I said, Lorelai was not ok with pics so we were lucky to get what we got.


She doesn't latch onto binkies, but they make amazing teethers... so Mae keeps hers handy.


Fresh kettle corn is so delicious on a spring day at the festival.



2 comments:

Erin said...

Your girls are simply adorable. I can't wait to see how similar mine are. Love to see all the pics.

Misty (Hesch) Walker said...

Thanks Erin! It's so funny how you don't think at 1 month or 3 months or really even 6 months that you won't be able to tell a big difference, but HOLY COW! Mae is POLAR opposite Lorelai. Which turns out to be a good thing because Lorelai was not the most happy baby in the world. hahaha

I've heard what a happy baby Cheryl is from my mom, so you might be in trouble. haha just kidding!

Congrats on the pregnancy! Can't wait to see pics of her!